Friday, October 31, 2014

Good morning Baptists in Central Louisiana!

It was a blessing to be with the good people of Homewood Baptist Church for three mid-week services in October. My prayers are with Pastor Jimmy Koonce in his recovery from a recent medical procedure. During the time that he was away, the Baptist Mission Center and the Louisiana Baptist Convention partnered together in the "Shepherd's Rest" ministry to supply preachers for the services. This ministry is provided in needed situations to assist a church at no cost. I can't tell you what a blessing it is to simply return unto a church a small blessing in light of all the ways our churches have supported the work of Southern Baptists, the Cooperative Program, the Louisiana Baptist Convention and the local Associations. Pastor, if you have a need to be away for a few weeks for a sabbatical, health, or any significant need...give me a call and allow your association an opportunity to be a blessing to you and your church.


This past Sunday and Wednesday, I experienced the privilege of supplying the pulpit at Horseshoe Drive Baptist Church. This opportunity was especially meaningful to me as this church has been such an integral part of my spiritual development.  My family and I were members there during my College and Career Sunday School days. Then as a young married adult, this church provided my first experience as a Sunday School teacher (6th Grade), and in counseling a young fellow as he found the JOY of receiving Jesus as his Lord and Savior! Thank you Lord, for the ministry of our churches in proclaiming the Good News and their investment in the discipleship process of many people...including me!


I hope you have made plans to attend the annual Louisiana Baptist Pastor’s Conference. It will be November 9-10, 2014, at FBC Lafayette. 


Sunday Evening Session is: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday Morning Sessions are: 8:30 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
Monday Afternoon Sessions are: 1:15 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.

Also, the Louisiana Baptist Convention Annual Meeting convenes at FBC Lafayette, on November 10-11, 2014. The basic schedule: 


Monday Evening Session   5:15 p.m. – 8:15 p.m.

Tuesday Morning Session   8:20 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Tuesday Afternoon Session   1:45 p.m. – 4:25 p.m.
For more information, click on this link: http://louisianabaptists.org/annualmeeting

I hope to see you there!

Robert Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment